Saturday 24 September 2016

How To Make A Fashion Statement




My name is ADEBISI BUKOLA BASIRAT, a fashion designer, fashion lover and a fashion forward lady. For years I have nurtured the ambition of being a fashion blogger, and I want to share my ideas with people. I want to reach out to fashion lovers like myself and this blog is to let people know more about the world of fashion today and of course give my readers some style inspirations.
This post will be on the prerequisites of fashion, the little thing some people don’t take note and they really matter.

Fashion don’t have rules (you create them)
Wait, who told you that you must match a white shirt with a black pants? Hell no! There is no rule in fashion, any fashion forward person should keep it in mind to dress to make statements, to set rules
, we are in a world where you can make anything trend if you know your way around them. I have realized that the world top “fashionista” don’t copy there styles, they create their own style.

Be willing to take risks
Just like in a business, fashion also involves risk taking.my experience as a fashion designer as thought me that the people that looks good the most are those that can take risk the most.

Have the right attitude
If you watch celebrities, the likes of the kardashians and others, you will notice that no matter what they are wearing, they possess a certain kind of attitude and confidence. The way you carry yourself has a lot to do with what you are wearing and how you look, it’s only when your steps are bold that you will hear comments like OMG! Look at those shoes.

Improve yourself
This may include you browsing the internet to know what is trending, check some pieces out probably buy them if you love them, don’t just walk into a boutique and start buying things that don’t fit all in the name of shopping.

Know what fits you
This part is very important, it is because this defines your look. As a fashion designer, I discovered that there are styles for shapes, you must know your body shape and know what fits you. There are also necklines for different shapes, dress length also counts, and I will publish a post about different shapes and how to dress to flatter them.

Know when to keep it simple
There is a Saying that “less is more, you don’t have to look like a Christmas tree all in the name of slaying”. Looking at a woman like Genevieve, I realized any “fashionista” must know how to look simple and classy.

You don’t need a million to look a million
You don’t need to have a whole lot in your account before you start slaying, it’s true you may not be able to afford designer shoes but you can wear a lesser brand in an expensive way. A lot of people are in the fashion industry and you can go for bespoke instead, if it suits your budget for a “fashionista” on budget, you can have your designer make anything that you love, and you can even choose your fabric. With my experience as a fashion designer and CEO GoldFashionNG, I am a fan of bespoke.

Smile
Smile is the best makeup, it’s only if you are smiling that people will look at you and be like ‘I love your outfit’
I hope this post is helpful for to guys, I look forward to seeing much of you around. Please drop your comments below, its keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment