Saturday 8 October 2016

FINANCIAL LITERACY


             FINANCIAL  LITERACY
Exactly this time last year during my industrial training, I got this book from my brother. Actually I can’t   remember whether he gave me or I took it(no regrets though).the book is titled rich dad, poor dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
I decided to read this book recently and mehn! I learnt so much.
So  let me summarise everything I learnt from this book,it all about financial literacy.


        FINANCIAL LESSONS

Lesson one: know the difference between assets and liability
‘’The rich buy assets while the poor buy liabilities, the middle class buy liabilities and they think they are assets’’.

Lesson two: It is not how much you make but how much you save

Lesson three: know how much money your money is making.

Lesson four:  the poor work for others first, the company that hire them, the government through tax and for the bank that own their mortgage.

Lesson five : mind you business ‘’I often ask people what is your business  and they say am a banker,  then I ask them if they own the bank? And they usually respond, ’no I work there’.
In that instance they have confused their profession with their job’

Lesson six:  in the real word, its not the smart that gets ahead it’s the bold.

Lesson seven: great talent is not enough.

Lesson eight: where is your daily activity taking you.

Lesson nine: the school train employees not employers.

Lesson ten: there is a difference between best selling author and best writting author.

In this book I realized that everybody needs to know how money 
works. you must learn to make money work for you. When the society push the employees, they push their employers instead  of pushing themselves. you must learn to make more money not ask for more money. the rich buy luxury last and the poor buy luxury first.

We should all learn to manage our finance and be financially 
literate.i will like to recommend this book to my readers.we all should understand money and how it works.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment