Saturday 24 September 2016

THANK GOD IT’S SATURDAY




This morning I decided to google the definition of owambe and look what I found on urban dictionary.

”A large, grandiose party thrown by Nigerians anywhere in the world, especially Yoruba Nigerians that involves a lot of food, dancing, loud music, and spraying (Nigerian term meaning the act of throwing money on a dancing person). There are often numerous guests, and usually the guests are divided into groups according to their aso ebi (uniform - some people might wear white and blue, some gold and red, etc). These parties take days and sometimes weeks and months of preparation, and have been known to block entire streets and roads, especially in Lagos, Nigeria.”



For non Nigerians this definitions is correct but let me polish the image of my dear country a bit.lol.



As for the uniform colour, it could be any other colour not particularly white and blue, red and gold etc. 



Wait, I need lagosians to comment on this do we block the entire streets and roads, haba! We have stepped up and our owambe game is now stronger. We now use event centers.
About the spraying all I can say is naija I hail o and they probably forgot to add that owambe are done on Saturdays unless it is a naming ceremony that is done on the eighth day the baby is born, even if it is on Monday morning.



Let’s get down to today’s business, as you already know today is Saturday (do I have to explain what is happening to lagos roads and streets, sorry lagos event centers).



Today I am going to show you some owambe styles to show your designer and I hope you will love them. I really love feedbacks, I want to know what my readers are thinking, especially lagosians.

No comments:

Post a Comment