Friday 28 October 2016

THE CHANGE WE ASKED FOR AND THE CHANGE WE GET


THE CHANGE WE REQUESTED AND THE CHANGE WE GET

When it comes to politics, I don’t have an idea. my concern  is how much rice and petrol is but it seems politics is affecting this and everything looks like Nigeria has changed while I was sleeping.
So I had this interview  with a political analyst and I love his analysis.

The interview:
Sir,can I meet you?

Yes my name is Saliu Akeem Dennis,I am an Ifaki-Ekiti born social and political analyst,I have my B.SC political science from EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY and my M.SC in view. i am well known as Candid.

Mr Candid can you tell us who a political analyst is


Yes, a political analyst is the such that discuss, analyze,  identify political problems and as well establish the considered solutions to those problems already Identified.,like I said, I am a trained political scientist which makes me a doctor of society and political difficulties  therein.

What can you say as a political analyst about the change we want and the one happening now in NIGERIA,  has anything changed?


To start with, what is change? The little definition of ‘change ‘  that I know is to make someone or something change from the previous,  now the big question is has anything changed in NIGERIA? You see the single thing I have seen that has changed is the party at the federal, the change from PDP to APC. The change we requested was the attitudinal and behavioural change  that could eventually transform to institutional change, not until we all change our behaviours towards bribery, corruption, election rigging, political normadism, political clientism, misappropriation of public funds, abdication and dereliction and all sorts we are having. The institution won’t change and if our institution is as bad as we are seeing and we expect to see change overnight, it is like just trying to build castle in the sky.

What are the possible solutions  to the problems we are facing as Nigerians?

As related to what I said earlier,individual mindsets must change towards all these self-inflicted predicaments, look I am a behaviorist and in strong terms, I can say  emphatically that Nigerians must change their approaches .
Let me give you an instance, if you meet Americans in Nigeria, they adhere strictly to the Nigeria constitutions, no matter how provoked or frustrated they are, they would prefer to call the corps this is because it is their way in America. Now imagine a Nigerian in California being provoked, maybe after engaging in physical assault he would remember he is in California.
Let me give you another example,A Russian left with many ballot papers is  expected to cast his vote alone and will do just that,unlike a Nigerian that will cast all the remaining votes in favour of his/her candidate, this is what I mean by our attitude that must change.

What is your view on the present economic recession?

Either our economy has recessed or depressed,it is a consequence of over concentration on a source of revenue generation which is petroleum,as a good student of political economy,the workload on our petroleum sector is much.whereas other sectors like agriculture are financially malnourished. What  I could suggest as the most desideratum solution is diversification of our economy, let Nigerians veer away from petroleum to their sectors.it is presently expedient the federal government revamp our agricultural sector.

  What is the future of Nigeria politics in years to come?

Today’s Nigerian democratic system is bad and if it continues,the future scares me.our democratic system via political system as a lot of shortcomings
1. our political parties are not politically erected, this is the reason for political prostitution among politicians  
2.Nigerian democracy is badly suffering from  over-concentration of power on the executive ,the president and state governors determine what becomes the faith of other arms of government,they mostly determine the judge to preside over cases,the president determines who to arrest and who is jailed, the governors decide when to pay their legislators and who is made their speaker.
In fact, in clear terms,our democracy is similar to tyranny such regards, we need to allow well structured principle of separation of power between the executive, legislative and the judiciary,then we can have a brighter political future.


 My sincere appreciation goes to Mr. Saliu Akeem Dennis (Candid) for being part of this post and of this blog,I believe my fellow Nigerians have been able to gain one thing or the other concerning our problems and the way forward
Have a lovely weekend, I love you guys!

BUKKYGOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment